What's new in TDM 2.04
From The DarkMod WikiJump to navigationJump to search
See the changelog on our bugtracker.
TDM 2.04 Stability Release!
New to this release are:
- Better AI searching with new "hiding spot" searches.
- A new Inventory Grid system to manage inventory via mouse instead of hotkeys
- Grabber De-Clunking fixes for smoother object manipulation
- grayman enhanced AI searching to allow for wider, more realistic searches.
- grayman fixed some issues with AI relighting lights.
- grayman fixed the infamous "barmaid gets stuck while peeing" problem in "Inn Business".
- grayman allowed AI to see weapons dropped by other AI.
- grayman fixed the "AI get stuck in sit-down & get up" cycle. This was causing them to scoot themselves out of the map.
- Demagogue has created a new override that allows mappers to simply override location ambients with another sound
- SteveL has fixed a glitch that resulted in occasional sound popping
- SteveL has adjusted the grabber so that it is easier to lift up objects without banging into things
- SteveL has fixed breakable glass behavior
- SteveL has fixed collision behavior on skin swapping
- SteveL has fixed distant decals rendering over the top of objects they should be behind
- SteveL has optimized particle bounds calculations to reduce map load times
- SteveL has created a new "ai_see" argument for lights so mappers can create decorative lighting without illuminating the player accidentally
- SteveL has fixed a bug where lod_bias objects leave collision models behind on map start when set to be removed
- SteveL has improved Dmap (map compiling) performance dramatically by removing logspam and decoupling vsync
- SteveL has created an new quicksave system that alternates between files to prevent corruption caused by poor OS file handling.
- SteveL has fixed the shadow bobbing that happens when a player holds a lantern in water
- Rebb has fixed Ambient shading on rotated models
- grayman has repaired the savegame crash caused by card players.
- Agent Jones has fixed a few stability issues with the Mission Downloader
- No significant asset changes. A massive set of new assets will appear in 2.05.
- grayman expanded the space allotted to the current mission name to accommodate longer names.
- SteveL has added Durandall's Inventory GUI system which allows for mouse based inventory management
- Obstortte has created a new combination lock
- charisma and the Darkfate community provided a Russian translation of the main menu (and have mission translations)
- Anderson supplied a fix to the Romanian translation to replace unspecified characters with ones that are currently available.