What's new in TDM 2.04
From The DarkMod Wiki
See the changelog on our bugtracker.
TDM 2.04 Stability Release!
The Dark Mod 2.04 development cycle was largely about fixing and refining changes made during 2.03.
New to this release are:
- Better AI searching with new "hiding spot" searches.
- A new Inventory Grid system to manage inventory via mouse instead of hotkeys
- grayman enhanced AI searching to allow for wider, more realistic searches.
- grayman fixed some issues with AI relighting lights.
- grayman fixed the infamous "barmaid gets stuck while peeing" problem in "Inn Business".
- grayman allowed AI to see weapons dropped by other AI.
- grayman fixed the "AI get stuck in sit-down & get up" cycle. This was causing them to scoot themselves out of the map.
- Demagogue has created a new override that allows mappers to simply override location ambients with another sound
- SteveL has fixed a glitch that resulted in occasional sound popping
- SteveL has adjusted the grabber so that it is easier to lift up objects without banging into things
- SteveL has fixed breakable glass behavior
- SteveL has fixed collision behavior on skin swapping
- SteveL has fixed distant decals rendering over the top of objects they should be behind
- SteveL has optimized particle bounds calculations to reduce map load times
- SteveL has created a new "ai_see" argument for lights so mappers can create decorative lighting without illuminating the player accidentally
- SteveL has fixed a bug where lod_bias objects leave collision models behind on map start when set to be removed
- SteveL has improved Dmap (map compiling) performance dramatically by removing logspam and decoupling vsync
- SteveL has created an new quicksave system that alternates between files to prevent corruption caused by poor OS file handling.
- SteveL has fixed the shadow bobbing that happens when a player holds a lantern in water
- Rebb has fixed Ambient shading on rotated models
- grayman has repaired the savegame crash caused by card players.
- Agent Jones has fixed a few stability issues with the Mission Downloader
- No significant asset changes. A massive set of new assets will appear in 2.05.
- grayman expanded the space allotted to the current mission name to accommodate longer names.
- SteveL has added Durandall's Inventory GUI system which allows for mouse based inventory management
- Obstortte has created a new combination lock
- charisma and the Darkfate community provided a Russian translation of the main menu (and have mission translations)
- Anderson supplied a fix to the Romanian translation to replace unspecified characters with ones that are currently available.