What's new in TDM 2.03
See also the changelog on our bugtracker.
With an extended development cycle,
TDM 2.03 is packed with more changes than any release since TDM 2.0 Standalone!!!
This release brings about a sea change of AI improvements, primarily in regards to searching but
also with movement and navigation.
Longstanding graphical problems have been solved resulting in a more realistic particles,
water, and other effects.
Substantial performance optimizations have been implemented, including AI\Animated LOD and Particle rendering fixes
Many new animations, textures, and audio have been added.
This is a golden release!
- AI will react if they are hit by an opening door (grayman)
- Regular helmets no longer protect sleeping AI from KOs (grayman)
- AI now coordinate their searches when many AI are involved in the same search--some AI will run to guard choke points (grayman)
- New AI barks for AI searching together; new searching animations (Springheel)
- new animation for AI noticing they have been pickpocketed (Arcturus)
- The Lanternbot's whistle will now properly alert nearby AI
- AI are far less likely to see directly behind themselves when turning their head
- Running AI handle doors better
- Particles no longer render during the Light Gem capture.(SteveL)
(This both improves performance and removes Light Gem artifacts from bright particles)
- the LOD system has been extended to cover AI and animated objects (SteveL)
- Soft Particles: particle effects will no longer show harsh edges when intersecting geometry (SteveL)
- Water distortion no longer distorts things in front of the water (SteveL)
- The Stats screen now tracks the number of game saves, and mappers can limit number of saves (Obsttorte)
- The skybox used to flash grey when the player clipped into geometry while mantling. This is fixed. (SteveL)
- Fog can now render over caulk without completely fogging-out the brush (SteveL)
- The "Inline" keyword is now fully functional (SteveL)
- Fog and Blend Lights are no longer rendered when hidden or off (SteveL)
- numerous new models and skins have been added to the mod (Springheel)
- several new light entities have been added (Springheel)
- A number of entities are now using the LOD system by default, allowing for higher poly models close up (Springheel)
- Many AI use LOD stages to allow for better performance. (Springheel)
- Several AI have had their meshes and textures upgraded (Springheel)
- A new "maiden" vocal set has been added (script: Springheel, vocals: Amber)
- A new female townsfolk AI has been added (Springheel)
- movable candles will now cast a soft shadow when carried (Springheel)
- The spyglass will be properly round regardless of screen resolution (AluminumHaste)
- Almost all of Melan's texture packs have been merged into the core mod (Bikerdude, Springheel)
- loot textures have been given more shine to make them a bit easier to pick out (Springheel)
- Some "Canon Texture Pack" textures from Wille, Purgator, MaxED, C-BEAM and Necrobob have been added (Bikerdude, Springheel)
- Main menu now lists the currently installed mission (grayman)
- The loading bar now accurately reflects the amount of time it takes a mission to load (grayman)
- Various script events for string manipulation have been added. (Tels)