Model addons repository
This article serves as a repository for people looking for model addons for their Fan Missions (FMs). The article lists non-official art asset addons that can be classified as models. They were created by various TDM contributors, including mappers and model-makers.
Though some of the originally unofficial models eventually found their way into the official releases of TDM, we'll try to only list those models that aren't an official part of the game's base package.
Consider this article a repository of additional models.
Model assets created by TDM contributors
- Dragofer's Stuff - an extensive collection of various 3D model assets, created by Dragofer
- Magnanimous Merry's Miscellanea - various custom assets created by Airship Ballet, including 3D models
- Atheran's models - a few existing models provided by Atheran, and an offer to make new models
- Sotha's Animations - a collection of AI animations made by Sotha in Blender
- Source newspaper graphic files - questions answered about the whereabouts of the newspaper files seen in TDM missions
- Special Assets for your campaign! - 3D model asset creation help for core team and FM authors, offered by Filizitas
- Miscellaneous assets thread by peter spy
Free models from external sources
Finding good free models on the Internet, especially ones compatible with TDM's license, can be a bit of a challenge. Here are some discussions from the forums, where members discuss the usage of free model assets, or recommend where to acquire them.
- Free Models and Animations - might be outdated now, but was available as an option in early 2016
- Zombie's rock pack - provided by an idTech 4 engine modder, with permission for TDM compatibility
- Potential free assets - a recent thread by Aosys, with various recommendations
Discussions and tutorials
- Master 'Models Needed' list-- post requests here - A thread where new models for the official release and requested models for individual FMs are developed.