From The DarkMod Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search


Since summer 2010 I am working almost exclusively on implementing a procedural, pseudo-random entity generation system aka SEED.


Here is a progress tracker:

  • 2011-02-02:
    • A lot of work goes into SEED:
      • Adding lots of features so mapper can easily place an atdm:seed_random_somthing and be done with it
      • Fixing bugs to no end
      • Rewrote the ModelGenerator to handle some special cases and be faster
  • 2008-01-06:
    • Doing a lot of work in prepare for Thief's Den release, like:
      • Cleaning up the list of files for the package*
      • Wrote script to automatically create release package
      • Beta-testing and general house cleaning
  • 2007-11-24:
    • added the water canal to my "Old Mill"
    • Entity list cleanup still in progress, now there are no direct items in the "darkmod" folder anymore
  • 2007-11-17:
    • my "Old Mill" map is coming along nice. The ground floor and attic are both to 2/3 done, and now that I learned certain techniques and even made some new textures, the work goes faster.
    • The wiki cleanup is still in progress, going slowly. But we get there :)
    • fixed the bug that crashed Doom3 on Linux: any script called with "bool" arguments caused a segfault, this made BinaryMovers (and maybe others) crash.
    • Hosting the TDM teaser video since end of October, that has caused the traffic on to skyrock :)
  • 2007-11-04:
    • I am working on my own map now, modeled after a photo of a real building
    • Started slowly to add textures when I need them
    • Small cleanup on the code base to get myself familiar with the code
  • 2007-10-17:
    • Cleaning up the entity list took most of my time the last days, as well reading/responding in the forum. It seems everyday I learn like 10 new things and discover I still don't know much :)
    • Today someone seemed to remember me or Xarax.... Quit cool :)
  • 2007-10-13:
    • I have acquired a new task, cleaning up the entity list (by removing unused stuff left over from Doom3) and re-organizing the entries into folders so that editing becomes easier.
    • Mapping works now
  • 2007-10-09:
    • checked out DarkMod source and after a lot of struggling got it to compile :o)
    • finally finished checking out DarkMod via svn (took almost 20 hours)
  • 2007-10-06:
    • managed to not only check out and compile DarkRadiant, but actually build a small test map. It doesn't really work, however, as I don't have Darkmod yet, I can't just use Doom3 textures etc.
  • 2007-10-04:
    • Got Doom3 installed on my Kubuntu64 dual-core system :)

Back to my main user page.