SEED - Image maps
For each SEED entity you can specify an image map, which will influence where entities are placed. This can even be overriden for each target class of the SEED with seed_map.
The map is an 8 bit greyscale TGA, PNG or JPEG image, where black is 0% and white is 100% spawn probability.
How to use
For example put this spawnarg on your SEED:
or put this on a target entity:
If the map name does not start with "textures/seed/", then this will be added in front. Also, the extension is optional, if left off, PNG, TGA and JPG will be tried in that order. For example, "sinus" will load "textures/seed/sinus.png".
Note: The image base map is combined with whatever distribution you set with falloff, also inhibitors are still taken into account.
If your map spawnarg consists of multiple maps listed with ",", one of them will be choosen randomly and then used:
"map" "spots, spots2, sinus"
There are a few premade maps in TDM, here is a visual overview:
These maps are new in TDM v1.05:
|corner||Dense vegetation in a corner||corner2||Sparse vegetation in a corner|
|splat2||Vegetation f.i. grass||drip||For vegetation that "fades" f.i. bushes at a forest edge|
- LOD System and SEED
- SEED - Spawnargs and SEED - Templates via Spawnargs
- SEED - Usage - Examples on how to use SEED in real-map scenarios
- SEED - Image maps - Examples and how to use image maps
- SEED - Premade entities - List of premade random entity generators
- SEED - Watching entities - Example on how to improve performance and reduce entity count
- SEED - Falloff function - How to use "falloff" "func" to get more complicated distribution patterns
- SEED - Cloning
- SEED - Known bugs
- SEED - FAQ
- SEED - Generating entities - How it generates entities (technical background information)