From The DarkMod WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Models in IDTech4
Here is a small overview over the different kind of models that are used in IdTech4:
- Rendermodels - the visual model that is rendered
- Clipmodels - an (usual invisible) model that is used for collision detection.
- Tracemodels - very simple models (boxes, spheres, cylinders, or consisting of a few faces only) that is used for "tracing" (aka "slide the model along a line and see if anything was hit"
- Shadowmodels - Either a copy of the rendermodel, or a simplified version of it. Invisible, only for casting a shadow.
- Combined models - Created by the ModelGenerator in TDM v1.03 and up, consists of many Rendermodels "glued" together, as well as a clipmodel consisting of a list of clipmodels