DarkRadiant - Flatpak Installation Guide
Obtaining the Flatpak version of DarkRadiant
Flatpak is a universal package format for Linux. Rather than having a different package for every Linux distribution, the Flatpak version will just work on almost any major distribution.
- If you've never used a Flatpak before, follow the Flatpak setup instructions for your distro here: https://www.flatpak.org/setup/
- Once Flatpak is ready, you can install the DarkRadiant package in a few ways:
- You can install the package directly from FlatHub: https://flathub.org/apps/details/net.darkradiant.DarkRadiant
- If you are making use of a graphical package installer such as Discover or GNOME Software, you can simply search for and install DarkRadiant.
- Alternatively, from the command line you can run
flatpak install --user flathub net.darkradiant.DarkRadiant.
Optional - Enable the sandbox
One of Flatpak's features is its ability to sandbox applications, providing only the minimum file and device permissions necessary for the application to run. However, DarkRadiant needs to have access to the assets from your main game path, which may be installed in any location. DarkRadiant must currently have permissions to access the entire filesystem to allow this, but you can reduce this down to your game path manually if desired. This can be done easily using Flatseal.
- Install and run Flatseal.
- In the Applications list, find and select DarkRadiant.
- In the Filesystem section, turn off the "All system files" option.
- Press the Add button inside "Other files".
- Enter the line
filesystem=/path/to/tdm, substituting the path to the root of your DarkMod installation.
- The Flatpak version can be launched from your window manager like any other desktop application.
- Alternatively, to launch it from the command line you can run
flatpak run net.darkradiant.DarkRadiant.