Conversion of Game Units
See also: Limits, Max, Min, Stats, etc.
To match Blender's grid with the Radiant grid, go to "View"->"View Properties"->"Grid:Spacing" and set it to 10. This matches the DarkRadiant grid set to "1". Usually it's better to just turn on the edge length rendering: (Buttons view: Mesh Tools 1 > Edge Length) to see how large the objects really are.
Originally written by Fingernail, Ishtvan, Demigod on http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1774
- 1 DromEd unit is roughly 1 foot.
- 1 DromEd unit is roughly 12 UnrealEd units.
- 1 Doom Unit is approximately an inch.
Demigod found that 90 doom units = 8 dromed units. It may feel slightly to small height wise but in third person looks spot on.
The average dromed door being 8 by 4 units or 90/45 doom3 units. All the conversion I've done on this map so far uses 90/8*dromedsize = doom3 size.
Note by Ishtvan:
- 1 Doom unit is supposed to be exactly 1 inch (I've seen in the code where it says "Doom to meters: 0.0254").
- 1 DromEd unit is I guess approximately 1 foot, so it should be approximately 12 Doom units to 1 DromEd unit.
Note by Springheel:
- Despite what it says in the code, the agreed upon standard is that 1.1 Doom units basically equals 1 inch. This and looks best in game.
This scale makes 1 Doom unit equal to 2.309 cm.