What's new in TDM 1.01
From The DarkMod Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
See also the changelog on our bugtracker page: Changelog.
Version 1.01 of The Dark Mod has been released on 12th of March, 2010.
- #1921: HUD Font reverts to Doom 3 font after fresh gamesave load.
- #1963: Double doors sometimes highlight at a distance.
- #1968: Blackjack no longer makes metallic clang when hitting world
- #1970: Chests went non-solid when frobbed
- #1976: Shop items get duplicated on "Restart" after dying
- #1990: No SOUND on TDM after installing a mission, added CVAR (tdm_fm_restart_delay) to issue a delay request to tdmlauncher.
- #1996: Fixed bug that made shouldered bodies undroppable
- #2007: Fixed: Location settings did igore the "music volume" slider
- #2013: AI vertical FOV too high (they could see you through the top of their helmet)
- #2067: Fixed bug when using shop_skip 1 in FMs.
- #2072: Rats (and other small animals) could be shouldered
- #2075: AI were alerted when they took falling damage
- #2083: Small items like candles, candle holders, rocks etc floated on water instead of sinking
- #2093: Fireplace_arch was missing its texture
- #2117: frob_peer hilite does not sync.
- #2119: Player's run footfall sounds are played while shouldering a body
- #2120: Arrows stuck in AI head can collide with ragdoll causing midair suspension
- #2122: Ragdoll AI not getting pushed back by impact with plate armor
- #2125: Dead AI play failed KO speech and twitch when hit by blackjack
- #2128: atdm:moveable_holder_tall_plus_candle3_unlit model alignment error
- #2114: Running when aiming results in footstep frequency being too fast
- Fixed savegames getting to huge sizes, leading to out-of-memory or crashes
- Fixed a few crashes and memory errors
- Fixed: Crash with ATI cards when viewing certain models (like the marble column)
- Fixed: Location settings did not work with "fast" ambient method
- Melee controls now more responsive
- Fixed blackjack bug where player could hit low ceilings
- Fixed archer bows blocking blackjack attempts
- Fixed bug where some close-range melee attacks neglected armor
- Altered sword thrust collision physics to match up better with visible sword model
- Minor fixes to models and textures (e.g. inverted normals)
- Added a bunch of missing editor images for models (STiFU).
- AI will not be able to see as high without actually tilting their head up.
- AI now have individual FOVs, so a one-eyed guard actually won't see you on their bad side, and hooded AI can't see you through their hood.
- #2123: In-game objectives display
- A lot new skins for: dirty fireplaces, unlit lamps etc.
- New script events for: get/setDroppable, isEntityHidden, Melee etc.
- Support for "skin_unlit" and "skin_lit" on light entities
- New "unbindOnAlertIndex" spawnarg on attached entities, to make AI drop them when alerted
- Crouch indicator: Lightgem "wings" squash down slightly when crouch mode is on (helpful when climbing)
- AI have a combat skill level now: novice, trained, skilled
- added Difficulty Slider for combat in menu
- AI can be set to drop attached objects on alert
- greater flexibility added to absence markers
- #2012: GC's movetype-specific metal footstep sounds are in-game
- #2015: Added console commands to control logging to darkmod.log
- #2002: FM Installer Code checks required version of Mission to be installed, information can be added to darkmod.txt in the FM package.
- #1977: FM Installer Code considers ZIP files as well as PK4s now
- #1984: FM Installer Code needs to replace dashes with underscores on creating the fms subfolder
- #2080: Doors have a larger sound radius now.
- Support for "Player voice" and "Voice over" - a "voice object" can play audio files triggered by triggers in two different voices. The volume for each of these voices can be changed in the audio menu independently of other audio sources.
- added two zombie types with various skins, as well as "sleeping" behaviour
- added spiders and spider children
- added new elite guard character
- added elite guard helmet (immune to KOs)
- added skeleton AI
- added revenant character
- added male beggar character
- added male pagan character
- A lot of new combo entities have been added:
- static torches,
- statues with torch in hand,
- campfires, bucket and bonfires,
- electric streetlights,
- wall-mounted lamps and torches,
- geodes with pulsating light,
- skulls+candle etc.
- new colored torch flames: blue, green, orange
- new fireflames: white and black smoking, smouldering ones, large and huge bonfires, bucketfire
- a few new model props (eg, saw, wall-light)
- climbable ragdoll chains
- Bug #2110 Loot paintings
- changed AI footsteps to mono (so the direction of sound is accurate)
- reduced volume of player footsteps
- increased sound radius of doors
- changed sound of arrow equip/un-equip
- changed sound of bow draw
- changed player submersion in water bubble sound
Added Dario D's ambient sound contributions.
- Environmental Sound Shaders added
- animal_crickets_birds01, animal_crickets04, animal_crickets05, animal_dog03, animal_frog03, animal_night_bird01, animal_owl04, animal_owl05, animal_owl06
- music_harp01, music_harp02, music_bum_bum01, music_bum_bum02
- weather_thunder04, weather_thunder05
- Ambient Sound Shaders added
- drone01, drone02, drone03a, drone03b, drone05a, drone05b
- hit01a, hit02b, hit03a, hit03b
- hum01, hum01b, hum02, hum03, hum04, hum05_loop, hum05_loop_b, hum06_loop, hum06_loop_b, hum07_loop, hum07_loop_b, hum08
Added STiFU's, Renzatic's and Baddcog's textures, including the following shaders:
- improved: textures/darkmod/stone/brick/nontiling/chiseled_brick_frame
- Improved: textures/darkmod/roof/shingles_red
Release news links