DarkRadiant is The Dark Mod's very own map editor, based on the open-source GtkRadiant. Visit the project website for release announcements or check the development forums.
OrbWeaver started working on it in Spring 2006, greebo joined the team as of October 2006 (the initial release was version 0.5.0). Features at this stage include a categorised entity inspector, drag-resizable lights, projected lights, customisable colour schemes, skin chooser for models, UV editor, a unified surface inspector, color selection tool for lights and numerous bugfixes over the GtkRadiant codebase.
Alphabetical List of Articles
Installation / Compilation
- Download the latest release from the project page.
- DarkRadiant - Quick Installation Guide
- The codebase is stored on github (see the Compilation Guide for details)
- DarkRadiant - Compilation Guide
- DarkRadiant Keys
- DarkRadiant Tips and Tricks
- Texturing in DarkRadiant
- DarkRadiant Command Reference
- Defining custom Filters in DarkRadiant
- Readable Editor
- Check our Bugtracker for known and reported issues.
- Coding standards
- Module system
- Render system
- Shader system
- Scene graph
- pre-release tests
- Startup phase
- Release Mechanics